The Museum is closed due to COVID 19 restrictions until further notice. We miss all of you and hope to see you soon! Thank you.
"The MRM online store is Open for Business and we are going to post all of our items post online. This will take some time because the store contains so many unique vintage jewelry consignment pieces and each must be photographed and posted separately.
We just spoke with Cavin Gonzales, Maria Martinez's grandson. Maria is arguably the most famous Native American potter who created the elegant black-on-black pottery.) The San Ildefonso Pueblo is closed, so his family will not be able to make a living, as per usual, through pottery sales to visitors. We are honored that Cavin is going to bring the Millicent Rogers pottery that his family has created.
Beautiful. Fascinating. A Place to Understand the History of New Mexico and the Southwest.
These are just a few of the comments from our visitors about their visit to the Millicent Rogers Museum. The 7,000-piece collection is housed in an enlarged 1920s hacienda with a spectacular view of the mountains. We welcome everyone to share and celebrate the arts and heritage of the Southwest.
The Museum is open year round from 10:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m. We suggest a 1-2 hour visit in order to view all our exhibitions. You will also find something collectible and gift worthy in our Museum Store.
Please note that during the winter months, from November through March, the museum will be closed on Mondays.
The museum has plenty of FREE PARKING!
The museum will close for the following holidays:
- New Year's Day, January 1st, ( Early closure 3PM on New Year's Eve, December 31st)
- Easter Sunday
- Fourth of July/ Independence Day
- Feast of San Geronimo (September 30th)
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Day, December 25th, (Early closure 3PM on Christmas Eve, December 24th)
ADMISSION TO THE MUSEUM
(Your admission fee supports exhibitions, collections care and education programs at the Millicent Rogers Museum.)
- Adults $10
- Seniors (60+) $8
- Children (6-16) $2
- Children (under 6) FREE
- Students (16-21 with ID) $6
- Military (Active Duty or Veterans) $6
- New Mexico Residents (year-round) $5
- Tour Groups of 10 (ten) or more visitors receive reduced rate with a minimum 24 hour notice. The tour guides and coach driver receive complimentary admission with tour groups. Please contact the museum to make reservations or to arrange a docent-led tour at 575-758-2462 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
All Taos County Residents are Ambassadors for the Millicent Rogers Museum. Residents of Taos County with identification are admitted FREE to the museum every Sunday. Come and explore your museum and then share your passion with your friends. Free admission does not apply for specially ticketed events.
Museum members are free every day plus receive 10% discounts in the museum store and admission to special events at free or reduced pricing. Sign up today. Please click here to review our membership benefits.
Rules and Regulations when you are in the Museum, please remember:
- You are our guest – ask staff for assistance. All inquiries are important.
- No flash photography allowed.
- Photography is for personal use only. Please contact the museum for commercial use. A fee may apply.
- Although service animals are permitted, pets are not allowed in the galleries.
- You may bring water into the galleries, but food is not allowed.
- Please remember, we care and conserve art for future generations. Please don’t touch works of art as oil from fingers can damage these treasures.
- Most importantly, enjoy your visit and come back again!
The Millicent Rogers Museum is located at 1504 Millicent Rogers Road, 4 miles north of Taos Plaza and 1/2 mile south of Highway 64. Click here for a map
Millicent Rogers Museum
Post Office Box 1210
Taos NM 87571