Chaco Day Trip in the Fall
Journey through new doorways and passages as we take a day trip to Chaco Canyon!
You've attended our speakers who have discussed various topics about Chaco Canyon, and the Southwest. Now join us as we travel to this beautiful historic site, where you can see this gem in real time.
October 26th Chaco Canyon Day Trip (12 Hours in Total)
We will meet at the Millicent Rogers Museum parking lot, and head out to Chaco Canyon at 7:00 am. We will visit Chaco Canyon on a guided tour, visiting such sites as: Una Vida, Pueblo Bonita, the Great Kiva, Casa Rinconada, Chetrl Ketl Great House, and Cliff House Sandstone cliffs. Returning to the Millicent Rogers Museum approximately at 7:00 pm that evening.
Trip Cost Details:
• 10 guest minimum, and a 24 guests maximum, please sign up early
• $365 cost per person (does not include tip for guide).
What’s Included in the Tour:
• Comfortable transportation to and from Chaco Canyon, with guided interpretive scenic drive
• Reusable water bottle and gift pack, from our Heritage Inspirations Partners
• Chaco Canyon entry fees and Chaco Canyon pamphlets
• Guided interpretive exploration of Pueblo Bonito and other sites
• Gourmet breakfast and picnic lunch
Suggestions to Prepare for your Journey:
• Be sure to wear sunscreen, sunglasses and a sun hat, since Chaco Canyon is a very open and exposed landscape at high elevation.
• Be sure to drink lots of water on your journey.
• Bring a daypack, preferably a backpack, for easy transport of your personal belongings while hiking through the park. Binoculars are also encouraged.
• Wear comfortable walking/hiking shoes to enjoy exploring the dirt hiking trails.
• Dress with layered breathable clothing, because New Mexico weather can change without much notice, and have a rain layer and light long sleeve layer to protect your skin during sunny days and cool nights.
• Canyon is remote and out of cell phone coverage areas
For more information or for questions please contact Kathryn Ritter, Museum Education Coordinator at (575) 758-2462 or at Coordinator@millicentrogers.org